Total Pageviews

Thursday, October 28, 2010

Chapter 3 - Attitude

Following on the last chapter where Rize is about to battle the Open Category Gym Leader's son, Brendan.
As usual Rize checked his opponent's Pokemon with his Pokedex from Prof.Birch.

" Skitty the Kitten Pokemon, it is a Normal type Pokemon. Skitty can't stop itself from chasing moving things, and it runs in circle, chasing its own tail. It's difficult to earn its trust. "

Referee: Begin!
Rize: "a Skitty? he gotta be kidding!" This should be easy! Mudkip Water Gun!
Brendan: Skitty dodge it!
Skitty evaded the Water Gun with ease.
Rize: Think you can escape us? Tackle!
Skitty couldn't dodge the attack and was hit by Mudkip's Tackle.
Rize: How's that?! I'm more than surprise if it still able to continue.
Rize: Mudkip finish with Water Gun!
However Mudkip appears to be ignoring Rizes' order and just stood there awkwardly.
Rize: Mudkip what's wrong?
Brendan: It's not that my Skitty couldn't dodge your Tackle attack but it purposely fell for it.
Rize: What?!
Brendan: Your Mudkip have been infutiated by my Skitty's abillity Cute Charm! Your Mudkip is now incapable of attacking my Skitty! Skitty Double Slap!
Skitty attacked Mudkip mercilessly!
Referee: Mudkip is unable to battle! The Gym Leader's son Brendan is the Winner!
Rize: But how?? How could this happen?!
Brendan: You can't judge a book by its cover, looks can be deceiving. =D
Norman: Well well I guess it's over.. come back when you're stronger kid.
Schumi: So this is your best performance that you mention earlier? What a waste of my time watching your battle.
Rize: This is not right! There must be a mistake! Don't act so tough! I'm sure you can't beat him either!
Schumi: Whatever.. I'm leaving.
Rize: Then let's battle!
Schumi: Waste of my time. (He walked out of the Gym and leave)
Wally: Rize let's go too.
Norman: You want me to tell you what's wrong? It's your attitude, your Attitude determine your Altitude not your Aptitude! (Zig Ziglar) The world is a huge place, there always will be someone who is better than you so don't get so cocky just by having few continous victories.
Rize and Wally left the Gym.
Wally: So what are you gonna do Rize?
Rize: I don't know..
Wally: Well I'll be going to Rustoboro City  to try the Pokemon Gym there! I hope I can get the badge from that Gym You wanna go together?
Rize: No thx.. just leave me alone for now.
Wally: Okay.. See you around!
It is not the Cute Charm that bugged Rize so much but it is when his Mudkip was KO'ed by a single Double Slap move that bugged him so much.
Rize: Forget about it! I'm going to train harder and re-challenge that Brendan!
So Rize snapped out of his dilemma and move on with his life dream and went to route 104 through the Petalburg Woods. Petalburg Woods was huge and rich with nature. Huge trees and lots of grassy area where many wild Pokemon lived peacefully especially Bug types. Rize found something unusual in there,
Rize: Hm? An Aron? That's weird.. Aron is not suppose to be living in woods like here? It should be in a cave or deep mountains or something. But wait, Aron is a Steel and Rock type! Brandon's Skitty won't be able to beat Aron! I'm going to catch it! Mudkip Water Gun!
The Aron noticed the attack and fled away to the ground using Dig.
Rize: What the?! It ran away! Whatever! I'm going to get it no matter what! Aron! You're Mine!
Will Rize be able to catch the wild Aron? Find out on the next Chapter!

1 comment: